MHR Series – Miniature General Purpose AC LVDT
• Small size and low mass core
• High output signal
• Stroke ranges from ±0.005 to ±2 inches
• AC operation from 2kHz to 20kHz
• Operating temperature up to 220°C (optional)
• Mild radiation resistance versions (optional)
• Stainless steel housing
• Imperial or metric threaded core
The legendary MHR Series LVDTs provide precision measurements in space restrictive applications. With a diameter of just 3/8 inch [9.5mm], and an extremely lightweight core, the MHR Series is ideal for applications where excessive core weight could influence the motion of the measurand; with less inertia, accurate measurements at higher displacement speeds are easier to achieve. The lightweight core also reduces mechanical stresses and helps preserve the structural integrity of the core actuation assembly.
The high output sensitivity resulting from the close electrical coupling between the coil and core provide sample signal for interfacing with practically all signal conditioners and conditioning circuits. The magnetic stainless steel housing provides electromagnetic and electrostatic shielding.
Available in a variety of stroke ranges from ±0.005 to ±2 inches, the MHR Series can be configured for optional mild radiation resistance (1012 NVT total integrated flux; 107 rads Gamma). The optional high temperature operation (+220°C) is available for stroke ranges of ±0.10 inch and above (consult factory). High pressure (vented case) versions are also available (consult factory). The MHR Series is compatible with the full line of Measurement Specialties LVDT signal conditioners.
Like in most of our LVDTs, the MHR windings are vacuum impregnated with a specially formulated, high temperature, flexible resin, and the coil assembly is potted inside its housing with a two-component epoxy. This provides excellent protection against hostile environments such as high humidity, vibration and shock.
• Compact size
• Lightweight / low mass core
• ±0.25% linearity (100% stroke)
• Shock and vibration tolerant
• Mild radiation resistance (optional)
• Calibration certificate supplied with each unit
• X, Y, Z stage position feedback
• Wire-die bonding machines
• Cylinder position feedback
• Voice coil testing
• Materials testing machines
• Space restricted installations