High-Precision Air / Gas Velocity Transmitter for Industrial Applications
The EE75 series air velocity transmitters were developed to obtain accurate measuring results over a wide range of velocities and temperatures.
A high-quality hot film sensor element based on cutting-edge thin film technology ensures maximum sensitivity, even at lowest mass flows. At the same time, the innovative probe design produces reliable measuring results at high flow velocities of up to 40m/s (8000ft/min).
The integrated temperature compensation minimises the temperature cross-sensitivity of the EE75 series which, combined with the robust mechanical design, allows it to be used at process temperatures between -40 to +120°C (-40 to 248°F).
In addition to air velocity and temperature values, the transmitter calculates the volumetric flow rate in m³/h or ft³/min. The cross section of the duct needs to be determined for this purpose and the volumetric flow rate can be displayed and directed to one of the analogue outputs.
The configuration software included in the scope of supply allows to choose the appropriate output parameter and freely scale the display range and signal level of the two analogue outputs. In addition user-friendly calibration of the air velocity and temperature and the adjustment of key parameters (e.g. response time of the velocity measurement, low flow cut-off points, etc.) are supported as well.
An optional illuminated display with two control buttons integrated in the cover is available. In addition, this enables changes of the configuration to be made directly on the unit.
The EE75 series has a robust metal housing to protect against possible damage in rough industrial environments. There are five different models, providing a comprehensive range of mounting options:
- Model A for wall mounting
- Model B for duct mounting
- Model C with remote probe
- Model E with remote probe, pressure-tight up to 10 bar (145psi)
- Model P for duct mounting, pressure-tight up to 10 bar (145psi)
The EE75 series can be used to measure the velocity of other gasses as well, although a correction has to be applied to the unit at the factory.
• high accuracy
• working range 0…40 m/s (0…8000ft/min) and -40…120°C(-40…248°F)
• measurement of air velocity and temperature
• calculation of volumetric flow rate
• low dependence of angle of inflow
• probe diameter 8mm (0.3”)
• remote probe up to 10m (32.8ft)
• easy mounting and maintenance
• correction for pressure, humidity and media
• low flow cutt-off
• SI and US units selectable
• monitoring incoming and outgoing air (energy management) in HVAC applications
• filter monitoring and laminar flow control in cleanrooms
• exhaust systems, exhaust hoods and glove boxes in the pharmaceutical, bio and semiconductor industries
• mass flow measurement during incineration processes
• monitoring and measurement of compressed air systems
• air conveying systems
• wind tunnels and climate simulators