Compact Transmitter / Switch for Moisture Content in Oil
E+E Transmitter Series EE381 are specially designed for the measurement of water content in oil. EE381 is ideal for online monitoring of moisture in lubrication or insulation oil, which is very important for the long-term performance and preventive maintenance of plant and machinery.
For instance, moisture affects dramatically the insulation characteristics of electrical transformer oil and therefore continuous monitoring is extremely important.
Humidity measurement in oil
- Similar to the humidity in the air, the water content in oil can be indicated by the absolute value in ppm or by the relative value aw :
- ppm (mass of water / mass of oil)
- aw (actual water content as fraction of the water content in saturated oil)
• Transformer oil
• Hydraulic oil
• Ship engines
• Measurement range 0...1 aw
• Measurement of water content in ppm
• Medium temperature -40...80°C (-40...176°F)
• wo relay outputs for aw / ppm / T