Carbon dioxide & temperature transmitter for wall mounting
aSENSE™ is an all – digital low – cost transmitter for installation in the climate zone. It measures both CO2 concentration and temperature in the ambient air. The data is transmitted to a BMS system or controller.
aSENSE™ is a key component for climate control of buildings and other processes. It is also a cost-efficient gas alarm sensor for spaces where carbon dioxide gas is a potential danger.
• State-of-the-art Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) technology to measure CO2
• Maintenance free in normal applications
• Cost optimized for connection to DDC:s
• Contributes to lower energy costs when it is applied in a Demand Control Ventilation (DCV)strategy
• Available in different carbon dioxide measurement ranges and different housings
• Internal automatic self diagnostics
• 2 analogue outputs as standard (V/mA). Relay output as option
• Cost-efficient RS485 communication as option
• Internal 2-channel logger as option
• aSENSE™ is designed to control ventilation by transmitting the measured carbon dioxide and temperature value to the system's Master or DDC. The transmitter is flexible and suits many different ventilation strategies.
• According to most building regulations, the fresh air flow should, in rooms where people stay more than occasionally, be at least 7 litres/sec and person.
• If the room occupants are adults with a light work-load and the outdoor CO2 concentration is 350 ppm, this airflow answers directly to an in-door CO2 concentration of 1040 ppm. According to National Boards of Occupational Safety and Health, the CO2 concentration can therefore be used as an indicator of the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
• A CO2 concentration below 1000 ppm should then always be the aim.